July 23, 2017, 06:49:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2.5 year old nap issues  (Read 2363 times)
jln1219

Email
« on: March 20, 2014, 11:18:44 AM »

Hi there!  My 2.5 year old is going through a funky nap phase right now.  About 2 months ago she started to do the same thing, although not as bad as right now and then went back to her regular napping.  Last time she would skip a nap once a week and some days take up until 2/3 to fall asleep for her nap, then about 2 weeks later she just went back to her normal 1-3 nap.

This time around she is skipping her naps at least 3x a week and on other days she is taking up until 2/3pm to fall asleep.  The only days she falls asleep at 1 is a day after she skipped her nap the day before.  She is becoming extremely irritable these last few days and I know she is completely exhausted.

I have been waking her in the morning at 7am for over 2 months now because I noticed that if she slept later (730/8) it made naps very difficult.  I put her down at 12:45 every day and before she used to be asleep by 1:30 the latest.  When she falls asleep at 2 or 3 I wake her by 330/345.  I always do bed at 7:45 pm even on the days when she skips naps because I found that if I do early bedtime on those days she will not nap again the next day.  I feel like she is getting maxed out on night sleep sometimes and then her drive to nap is very low.  I think if she does more than 11 at night she will not sleep.

Should I be limiting her nap to 1.5 hours and see if that helps?  I am not sure what to do at this point, but it seems she still needs her naps because she is getting very cranky and I want to hold on to nap time as long as possible--figures this happens when I am due with baby #2 in 4 weeks!  I always leave her in her crib up to 2 hours even if she doesn't sleep.

Help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: