March 29, 2017, 03:09:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 27 month old taking forever to fall asleep at nap time  (Read 2362 times)
jln1219

Email
« on: November 11, 2013, 01:17:32 PM »

Hi, My 27 month is a very consistent napper up until now. I have always put her down at 115pm for about 8 months and she normally fell right asleep at 130 and would sleep until 330/4.

Now 2 weeks ago our problem started where she would take 2 sometimes 2.5 hrs to fall asleep. She just sits in her crib and talks and sings.  She always falls asleep at some point though if I leave her long enough and she doesn't cry.  This started happening 2-3 weeks ago and then I started capping her nap at 330 and that seemed to help for a couple weeks.  Now again this week she is back to taking 1-2 hours to fall asleep.  Since the time change she has been waking at 7am (before she was waking 730/745).  The last two days I have been putting her down at 1pm since I read that Deb said to push back nap so it is not so late.  This isn't helping.  1 day it worked and the rest she is still taking up to an hour to fall asleep.  Today she fell asleep at 2.

What should I be doing to help her?  She still obviously needs to nap because she is a mess when she falls asleep and I have to wake her.  I wake her by 330 even if her nap starts late, should I be doing this or should I let her sleep 2 hours no matter what since this is what it seems like she needs to stay rested.

A typical day when she was napping well was
wakeup 7/730
nap 130-330
bed 745 asleep by 815

Is it ever a good idea to push nap later?  I keep thinking maybe she needs a 130 put down for nap since it is taking her so long to fall asleep in the first place.  Please let me know any suggestions, I am starting to get frustrated.
jln1219

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:40:09 PM »

Anyone?  It seems like she will fall asleep every other day at 1 and take a good nap.  The following day after a good nap (2hrs or 2.5) she will take forever to fall asleep.  Today she's going on 45 mins of talking and I'm betting she won't fall asleep until 2 or later !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: