February 19, 2017, 05:20:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inconsistent napper!  (Read 2864 times)
jln1219

Email
« on: January 26, 2013, 12:19:38 PM »

Hi there!

I'm hoping to get some help with my 17.5 month olds naps.  We have been on one nap now for over 2 months.  She goes down for her nap btw 12/12:30 depending on what time she wakes.  Most mornings she wakes at 6:30 and goes down around 12:15.
But she wakes anywhere btw 6:15-7.
Her nap lengths vary day to day anywhere from 1.25-2.5.  She seems to go in cycles where her naps get short for 2 weeks then long again!  Is this normal?  Will her naps ever become consistent?  Should I at this point do a nap at 12:30 no matter what so u can try to get a later bt?
The last few days she is starting to wake up after 30 mins crying and then goes back to sleep.  Her naps are becoming fragmented for some reason and she is waking unhappy.
I have been putting her down earlier around 11:45 to see if that helps but it doesn't always.
I'm just so confused at this point what time her nap should be.  I base it on what time she wakes because it seems like if she is up too long it is nearly impossible to get a good nap!

I always am very conservative with bt.  I have been doing 3.5-4 to bed depending on how well her nap went.  Doesn't seem like we have had bed later than 6 in a while.  It just seems like her naps are getting worse instead or improving and I thought that at this point things may be going better.  Reading the other posts I see a lot of other moms mentioning these 1.25 naps is that because its a sleep cycle and they are too ot to get through it so they wake up??
Please help!
jln1219

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »

Anyone??  Her naps are getting shorter every day!  She is also a little sick so I'm not sure if that's what is making her so overtired!  She was so tired yesterday she went to bed at 5:30 and slept until 6:15!!

Then today only did a 20 min nap and woke up coughing !  Ahhh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: