July 23, 2017, 06:50:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: delayed naps=short naps  (Read 3913 times)
guysmom

« on: June 30, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »

I took my 6 month old out of her miracle blanket swaddle for naps last week.  She'd been napping so well, I just couldn't bring myself to do it sooner (although she's been free at night for a while now).  And, I knew that the startle reflex disappears between 5 and 6 months. Well, now she is so entertained by playing with her feet and having freedom that she stays up a loooooong time for her afternoon nap before falling asleep.  And then her naps are frequently short.  She's getting quite overtired from this bad napping.  I can't stand to put her back in...that doesn't seem like the answer, and in fact, I wonder if I waited too long and she might have learned better to go to sleep right away if I'd done it when she was younger.  I've tried putting her down 15 minutes early, but that doesn't help.

I don't think there's much to do but just thought I'd put it out there in case anyone had magic ideas.  I leave her a long time after a short nap, and I put her to bed as early as possible to compensate.  Since she was already doing 5/5:30 bedtime, there's not much more I can do?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: