May 25, 2017, 02:17:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 month old takes FOREVER to fall asleep at night!!  (Read 4814 times)
motherof4month
Regular posters

« on: June 04, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »

My husband and I are at a loss with our 20.5 month old daughterís sleep.

I completely night weaned her 2 months ago hoping she would sleep better at night as she was waking up every 1-2 hours still! Well she is sleeping a bit better for most nights. She will sometimes sleep a 4-6 hour stretch at the beginning of the night and about 2-3 hours after that. I usually take over and nurse her around 4:30am as she becomes VERY upset at that time. I tell her that Mr. Sun is awake now, show her the daylight peaking though the blinds, so now she can have milk. This is working well for us. Most nights she will only wake twice before 4:30. Some nights she wakes much more.

I also want to mention that we co-sleep and want to continue this.  We also follow attachment parenting so any type of cry-it-out is out of the question.

We can handle her night waking no problem but the real issue is bed time!! She takes anywhere from 30mins to 1 Ĺ hours to go to sleep!!! This started about 3 months ago, just when it started to get really nice outside. My husband had taken over putting her to bed about 5 months ago and it was all going very well. She would go down in 10-20 mins! But about 2 weeks after the time change (spring) it all went downhill. I had moved her nap an hour later until 12:00 and thatís when the trouble began (coincidence, I donít know). I have since moved it back but that hasnít helped either. I have tried a later nap, earlier nap, later and earlier bed and many different combinations of this, nothing. I even cut her nap shorter from 2-2 Ĺ hours to 1 Ĺ hours this worked for a few days and she went down in 25 mins. but itís not working anymore. If I let her stay up with us she is happy to stay up and play and will usually go down quickly when we go to bed but thatís not usually until 10ish.

Not sure what else to do. Any ideas??? ANYTHING will be helpful. Iím SO sorry for being SO long winded but I just wanted to give as much info. as possible to give you the entire picture. Thanks for taking the time to read this and for your help!!
Joleen
Regular posters

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »

HI there

Is this still going on?
If so, are you able to tell me what time she is waking for the day as I'm not sure if she goes back to sleep at 4:30 am or not.
What time is her nap-how long is it and how does she fall asleep then?
What time is bedtime?

Thanks!
Joleen (Student Sleep Consultant)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: